The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? No
- For the Republic of Cyprus, see PIO COVID-19 webpage for vaccination and testing requirements.
- For the area administered by the Turkish Cypriots, the United States does not recognize the self-proclaimed “Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus” or (“TRNC”). A UN peacekeeping force patrols a buffer zone, also called “the Green Line,” which separates the two sides. U.S. citizen travelers should enter and exit the Republic of Cyprus ONLY at Larnaca and Paphos airports and at the seaports of Limassol, Larnaca, and Paphos. The Republic of Cyprus does not consider entry at Ercan Airport in the north to be a “legal” entrance into Cyprus. “TRNC” health screening information is available here.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- In the Republic of Cyprus (“ROC”), COVID PCR and antigen tests are readily available at pharmacies and private laboratories. Antigen tests generally cost between 3 to 5 Euros at pharmacies and results are available in English by email or physical copy within a day.
- In the area administered by Turkish Cypriots (“TRNC”), COVID-19 PCR tests are available at designated laboratories within one day.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Are vaccines available in Republic of Cyprus for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- Are vaccines available in the “TRNC” for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- Details on the latest restrictions can be found on Republic of Cyprus’ COVID-19 information website: https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/eng.
- Announcements from the Republic of Cyprus in English are found here: https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/eng/categories/important-announcements
- The latest COVID-19 information from the “TRNC Ministry of Health” can be found on this website (Turkish): https://saglik.gov.ct.tr/COVID-19.
- “TRNC” information on local COVID-19 conditions and restrictions in English is found here: https://saglik.gov.ct.tr/TRAVEL-RULES.
- “TRNC Public Information Office” English language decrees and press releases can be found here: https://pio.mfa.gov.ct.tr/en/
- Other links:
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Travel.state.gov Country Information and Travel Advisory page
Fines for Non-Compliance
- Businesses in the Republic of Cyprus which fail to comply with COVID-19 regulations may face fines of up to 300 Euros.
- “Official” information about fines in the “TRNC” is unavailable. Those not following quarantine regulations may be fined 15,000 Turkish lira. Fines must be paid within 30 days or the offender risks one year in prison.