An official website of the United States government

Fulbright Specialist Program

Fulbright Specialist Program

The Fulbright Specialist Program sends U.S. faculty and professionals to serve as expert consultants on curriculum, faculty development, institutional planning, and related subjects at academic institutions here a period of two to six weeks.

Who can utilize this? The Fulbright Specialist Program allows universities, cultural centers, non-governmental organizations and other institutions to develop collaborative projects which host a leading U.S. academic or professional at their institution to work on diverse, short-term collaborative projects focused on education and training. These projects support critical priorities identified by the host institutions and supported by the U.S. Embassy.

How can my institution apply? Host institutions can get on the roster by filling out a form on World Learning’s website. While the State Department covers round trip airfare, honoraria, and other costs, host institutions should be prepared to provide the specialist with lodging, meals, and in-country transportation throughout their full in-country stay.  Prospective host institutions should apply on the World Learning website.