April 23, 2020
Event: Health Alert
Area Administered by Turkish Cypriots (“Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus”)
On April 22, the “Council of Ministers” announced that beginning Friday, April 24, masks will be required to be worn by anyone outside during the month of Ramadan. Group worship during Ramadan is forbidden.
English language text of the latest announcements from “TRNC” can be found here: https://mfa.gov.ct.tr/
Republic of Cyprus
The Republic of Cyprus’ new COVID-19 information website is: https://www.covid19.cy/
Guidelines for Citizens (English version) can be found by clicking here.
The latest guidelines and instructions on movement restrictions and exemptions can be downloaded here: https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/en/pdf/formsms.pdf (PDF 1.2 KB)
Read the full text of the Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on latest conditions in Cyprus.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Work with your airline, travel provider, or hotel/lodging directly regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.