Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Event: Health Alert
On November 11, the Republic of Cyprus announced further measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. The entire statement by the Minister of Health outlining the measures is available in English at: https://www.pio.gov.cy/en/press-releases-article.html?id=16775#flat
- Until at least November 30: A strict curfew for Limassol and Paphos districts is in effect between the hours of 08:00pm and 5:00am. Exceptions exist for movement for emergency medical reasons and for employees who have a letter from their employer.
- Travel to/from Limassol and Paphos districts is prohibited with the exceptions of medical emergencies, travel of passengers to Larnaca and Paphos airports and seaports, and essential workers.
More detailed information is available on the Republic of Cyprus’ Coronavirus webpage and the U.S. Embassy Nicosia’s COVID-19 information page. Previous health alerts are also available on our website.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on latest conditions in Cyprus.
- Subscribe/unsubscribe to the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- U.S. Embassy Nicosia, Cyprus web page
- +357 2239-3939 (after hours; wait for recorded message, then press 0)
- Email: ACSNicosia@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs Cyprus Country Information
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter