Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Event: Health Alert
On November 27, the Republic of Cyprus announced further measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. The entire statement by the Minister of Health outlining the measures is available in English at: https://www.pio.gov.cy/en/press-releases-article.html?id=17077#flat. Beginning Monday, November 30 until at least December 13:
- The prohibition on movement from Limassol and Paphos is lifted.
- A strict island-wide curfew is in effect from 9:00 pm to 5:00 am. Exceptions exist for movement for emergency medical reasons and for employees who have a letter from their employer.
- Restaurants and cafes will close their dining areas at 7:00 pm but may provide home delivery afterward.
- Until at least January 15, face coverings are required for everyone ages 12 and older in all public areas in the ROC.
Failure to follow the measures introduced by the Republic of Cyprus may result in a fine.
More detailed information is available on the Republic of Cyprus’ Coronavirus webpage and the U.S. Embassy Nicosia’s COVID-19 information page. Previous health alerts are also available on our website.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on latest conditions in Cyprus.
- Subscribe/unsubscribe to the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.