Event: Health Alert – Flights available from Cyprus
On May 11, the Republic of Cyprus announced the suspension of regular, incoming commercial flights is extended until at least May 28.
The U.S. Embassy is aware of the following flights departing Cyprus. We strongly advise U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents temporarily in the Republic of Cyprus who want to return to the United States to consider these options unless they are prepared to remain in Cyprus for an indefinite period:
May 15: Larnaca to Paris (departs LCA 13:00, arrives CDG 16:40).
May 27: Larnaca to Amsterdam (departs LCA 13:20 , arrives AMS 17:00).
Tickets may be purchased directly from Cyprus Airways: https://www.cyprusairways.com
May 21: Larnaca to Heathrow (departs LCA 10:00, arrives LHR 13:00).
The price of the Aegean flight is approximately 340 euro. If you are a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident residing in the Republic of Cyprus and interested in this Aegean Airways flight, please click on the link below to provide your information. By completing the form you grant permission for your information to be passed to the airline which will contact you directly to arrange tickets.
These are commercially-operated flights and NOT U.S. government-operated flights. These flights are only available for those residing in the Republic of Cyprus. U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents are responsible for arranging and purchasing follow-on tickets to the United States and must have follow-on tickets to board these flights. All travelers are advised to visit the COVID-19 webpages of the U.S. embassies in the respective countries of transit for information on travel restrictions, airport operations, and available hotels.
This information is being provided for your consideration. Please email CyprusUSCitizen@state.gov if you book tickets on these flights.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on latest conditions in Cyprus.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Work with your airline, travel provider, or hotel/lodging directly regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.