Event: Health Alert On January 28-29, 2021, the area administered by Turkish Cypriots (“Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus”) announced further measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Beginning on Friday, January 29:
- All districts will enter a 24/7 curfew until at least February 3.
- Travel between districts is restricted.
- Approval must be obtained online in order to leave one’s residence or travel to another district.
- Non-essential businesses are closed. Essential businesses are allowed to operate between 06:00am and 7:00pm.
- Further details about restrictions can be found on the U.S. Embassy Nicosia’s COVID-19 website.
Suspension of routine Consular operations:
- The U.S. Embassy in Nicosia is only providing emergency services to U.S. citizens. All non-emergency U.S. citizen and visa services have been suspended. U.S. citizens in Cyprus who require assistance should email the Embassy at ACSNicosia@state.gov. If you need immediate assistance related to an emergency, such as a death, hospitalization, or you have been a victim of serious crime, you can call the Embassy at +357 22 393939.
- Passport, CRBA, and notarial appointments are available only on an urgent, case-by-case basis. Email ACSNicosia@state.gov with detailed information to request an urgent appointment.
- Consular operations in our office located in “TRNC” are suspended.
Previous Health Alerts are also available on our website. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Advisory for Cyprus: Avoid All Travel.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on latest conditions in Cyprus.
- Subscribe/unsubscribeto the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- U.S. Embassy Nicosia, Cyprus web page , +357 2239-3939 (after hours; wait for recorded message, then press 0)
- Email: ACSNicosia@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs Cyprus Country Information, 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter