Event: Health Alert— Available Flights from “TRNC”
For U.S. citizens located in the area administered by Turkish Cypriots (“Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus”):
Turkish Airlines has announced a series of five flights departing Ercan Airport for Istanbul beginning on Sunday, June 21. These flights are available for non-Turkish citizens. The flights depart Ercan at 05:35 and arrive in Istanbul at 07:15. Travelers must have an onward flight booked in order to board these flights. Tickets are available at Turkish Airlines’ website: https://www.turkishairlines.com/. These are not U.S. government-operated flights and the information is provided purely for your information.
Commercial flights may be available from Istanbul directly to the United States or by transiting Frankfurt or London. Travelers are advised to monitor airlines’ websites for available flights as well as the U.S. Embassy Turkey’s COVID-19 webpage, which lists possible flights for repatriation via Istanbul and requirements for transiting Turkey:
Travelers should also update their STEP enrollment to include Turkey and other countries of transit in order to receive travel alerts, including information on available flights. Visit https://step.state.gov.
The U.S. Embassy Turkey indicates the following flights may be available for those seeking to repatriate directly from Istanbul (all flights are subject to change or cancellation so monitor airline websites):
June 22: Istanbul (IST) to Miami (MIA); TK 77 (departs IST at 18:20)
June 24 Istanbul (IST) to Los Angeles (LAX); TK 9 (departs IST at 13:10)
Information on requirements at Istanbul Airport are found here: https://www.istairport.com/en/covid19
The area administered by Turkish Cypriots (“Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus”) has announced that travelers from abroad will be allowed to enter beginning Wednesday, July 1.
For details on entry restrictions for both ROC and “TRNC”, please visit our COVID-19 webpage:
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on latest conditions in Cyprus.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Work with your airline, travel provider, or hotel/lodging directly regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Nicosia, Cyprus web page
+357 2239-3939 (after hours; wait for recorded message, then press 0)
- State Department – Consular Affairs Cyprus Country Information
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
If you have departed Cyprus and no longer wish to receive these messages, click here.