Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Event: Health Alert
Resumption of limited consular operations:
- The U.S. Embassy in Nicosia has resumed limited services to U.S. citizens. Appointments are available on our website. If you require urgent CRBA, passport, or notarial services please email ACSNicosia@state.gov. If you need immediate assistance related to an emergency, such as a death, hospitalization, or you have been a victim of serious crime, you can call the Embassy at +357 22 393939.
- Consular operations at the U.S. Embassy’s north office are suspended.
- The U.S. Embassy in Nicosia has resumed certain immigrant and non-immigrant visa services. More information on visas and travel is available on the GSS website. Important information for valid visa holders transiting the Schengen Area, the United Kingdom, and Ireland en route to the United States can be found here.
Consular Chief Kevin Ogley will host a Virtual Town Hall on Facebook Live on Wednesday, February 24 at 3:00pm. Kevin will take questions and discuss consular services for U.S. citizens as well as visas and travel to the United States. You may submit questions in advance by commenting on the Facebook post or by emailing ACSNicosia@state.gov.
Previous Health Alerts are available on our website. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Advisory for Cyprus: Avoid All Travel.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on latest conditions in Cyprus.
- Subscribe/unsubscribe to the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.