Event: Health Alert – Flight from Larnaca to Frankfurt
The U.S. Embassy is aware of a Cyprus Airways flight from Larnaca to Frankfurt on Sunday, May 17. The flight is scheduled to depart Larnaca at 14:00 and arrive in Frankfurt at 17:10 Frankfurt time. Interested travelers may book at https://www.cyprusairways.com.
These are commercially-operated flights and NOT U.S. government-operated flights. U.S. citizens are responsible for arranging and purchasing follow-on tickets from Frankfurt to the United States. You must have a follow-on ticket to board this flight. For information about transiting Frankfurt, restrictions at the airport, and other travel information please visit the U.S. Embassy Germany’s COVID-19 webpage:
Please email CyprusUSCitizen@state.gov if you book a ticket on this flight. We strongly advise U.S citizens temporarily in the Republic of Cyprus who want to return to the United States to consider this option unless they are prepared to remain in Cyprus for an indefinite period. This information is being provided for your consideration.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on latest conditions in Cyprus.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Work with your airline, travel provider, or hotel/lodging directly regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
+357 2239-3939 (after hours; wait for recorded message, then press 0)
- State Department – Consular Affairs Cyprus Country Information
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444