Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Event: Health Alert
Last updated: 11/5/2020
The Republic of Cyprus has announced extraordinary measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. The entire statement by the Minister of Health outlining the measures is available in English at: https://www.pio.gov.cy/en/press-releases-article.html?id=16647#flat
- Until at least November 30, a strict curfew is in effect between the hours of 11:00pm and 5:00am. Exceptions exist for movement for emergency medical reasons and for employees who have a letter from their employer.
- Until at least January 15, facial coverings remain mandatory at indoor and outdoor public venues for everyone over 12 years old. Certain shops and pharmacies will maintain exclusive shopping hours between 8:00am-9:00am and 1:00pm-2:00pm for vulnerable members of the population, including those 65 years old and older.
- Further restrictions are in place for Limassol and Paphos districts.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on latest conditions in Cyprus.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- U.S. Embassy Nicosia, Cyprus web page
- +357 2239-3939 (after hours; wait for recorded message, then press 0)
- Email: ACSNicosia@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs Cyprus Country Information
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter