As of June 9, regularly-scheduled commercial flights to and from the Republic of Cyprus (ROC) have resumed. U.S. citizens are advised to work with airlines and travel operators to find available flights. All travelers are advised to visit the COVID-19 webpages of the U.S. embassies of the countries they transit as travel restrictions vary by country.
The area administered by Turkish Cypriots (“Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus”) has announced that travelers from abroad will be allowed to enter beginning Wednesday, July 1.
For details on entry restrictions for both ROC and “TRNC”, please visit our COVID-19 webpage:
The U.S. Embassy is aware that many citizens are concerned about their expired or soon-to-expire U.S. passports as there are significant delays in printing and shipping full-validity passports. The U.S. Embassy Nicosia is accepting requests for emergency passport appointments for imminent travel. If you plan to travel between now and September and need a valid U.S. passport, please fill out this form.
For more information on the planned phased resumption of U.S. passport operations and to inquire about passport status, visit this website:
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for informationon latest conditions in Cyprus.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates.
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.govfor the latest information.
- Work with your airline, travel provider, or hotel/lodging directly regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
+357 2239-3939 (after hours; wait for recorded message, then press 0)
- State Department – Consular Affairs Cyprus Country Information
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
If you have departed Cyprus and no longer wish to receive these messages, click here.