As of June 9, regularly-scheduled commercial flights to and from the Republic of Cyprus have resumed. U.S. citizens are advised to work with airlines and travel operators to find available flights.
The U.S. Embassy is aware that Lufthansa is offering weekly commercial flights to Frankfurt and Munich beginning June 20th. It is possible to book a full flight itinerary with this carrier from Larnaca to the United States. Information and tickets are available via Lufthansa’s website. This information is provided purely for informational purposes. All U.S. citizens looking to transit Germany are advised to visit U.S. Embassy Germany’s COVID-19 webpage for information on airports and travel restrictions. Please email GermanyACS@state.govif you make a reservation on these flights.
Because commercial flights are increasingly available, the U.S. Embassy will no longer be sending alerts for available flights from the Republic of Cyprus (ROC). For the latest on the easing of restrictions on commercial flights to the ROC, including updated information for both U.S. citizen tourists and permanent residents entering the ROC, visit our COVID-19 webpage: https://cy.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
The U.S. Embassy is aware that many citizens are concerned about their expired or soon-to-expire U.S. passports. Routine passport operations are currently suspended worldwide, but the U.S. Embassy Nicosia is taking requests for emergency passport appointments for imminent travel. If you plan to travel between now and September and need a valid U.S. passport, please fill out this form.
For more information on the worldwide suspension of passport operations and to inquire about passport status, visit this website:
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for informationon latest conditions in Cyprus.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates.
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.govfor the latest information.
- Work with your airline, travel provider, or hotel/lodging directly regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
+357 2239-3939 (after hours; wait for recorded message, then press 0)
- State Department – Consular Affairs Cyprus Country Information
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444