On May 11, the Republic of Cyprus announced the suspension of regular, incoming commercial flights is extended until at least May 28.
The U.S. Embassy is aware of the following flights departing Cyprus. We strongly advise U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents temporarily in the Republic of Cyprus who want to return to the United States to consider these options unless they are prepared to remain in Cyprus for an indefinite period:
May 14: Larnaca to Oslo and Stockholm
Tickets may be purchased directly from Atlantic Travel: https://www.airatlantic.eu/#about
May 15: Larnaca to Paris
May 17: Larnaca to Frankfurt
May 27: Larnaca to Amsterdam.
Tickets may be purchased directly from Cyprus Airways: https://www.cyprusairways.com
These are commercially-operated flights and NOT U.S. government-operated flights. U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents are responsible for arranging and purchasing follow-on tickets to the United States and must have follow-on tickets to board these flights. All travelers are advised to visit the COVID-19 webpages of the U.S. embassies in the respective countries of transit for information on travel restrictions, airport operations, and available hotels.
This information is being provided for your consideration. These flights are only for those residing in the Republic of Cyprus. Please email CyprusUSCitizen@state.gov if you book tickets on these flights.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for informationon latest conditions in Cyprus.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates.
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.govfor the latest information.
- Work with your airline, travel provider, or hotel/lodging directly regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
+357 2239-3939 (after hours; wait for recorded message, then press 0)
- State Department – Consular Affairs Cyprus Country Information
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444