Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Nicosia (April 10, 2020)
Event: Health Alert – Cyprus
The U.S. Embassy has been made aware of possible Cyprus Airways flights from Larnaca to Athens, Greece on April 14, 15, and 16. There are limited tickets available and we strongly advise interested travelers to purchase them as soon as possible. The flight costs approximately 130 euros, including luggage. Travelers can book a flight by contacting Papadopolous Travel by phone at +357 22-283-747. Tickets are on sale to the public but Greek nationals will be given first priority. U.S. citizens are responsible for purchasing follow-on tickets from Athens to the United States. You must have a follow-on ticket from Athens or you will not be allowed to board. U.S. citizens should check current transit requirements at all points of transit. This is not a U.S.-government operated flight. This information is being presented for your consideration and is not an endorsement or recommendation.
The following information is copied from the U.S. Embassy Athens’ COVID-19 webpage (as of April 10):
There are no direct flights from Greece to the United States. The list below includes flights that are scheduled in the next week; however, this information may not be exhaustive and is subject to change at any time by the airlines. Contact the airlines directly for confirmation and ticketing.
Possible international departures from Greece:
- Air France: Athens to Paris (Saturdays and Tuesdays with connection to JFK and other U.S. destinations the next day).
- U.S. citizens currently are permitted to transit Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport only if they have a direct, onward flight to the United States. Travelers are not permitted to leave the international zone and will not be admitted to France. Food and other services in the transit area are extremely limited. Passengers should be prepared to be self-sufficient during their transit. Anyone transiting through France to reach the United States must have an attestation, available here, with the English version here. You do not need an endorsement from the Embassy for this attestation. The attestation may be handwritten if you do not have access to a printer.
- Aegean: Athens to Brussels (Monday through Friday)
- Swiss Air: Athens to Zurich (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays)
- Qatar Airways: Athens to Doha (Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays)
Airlines with flights to the United States:
- United: London to Newark and San Francisco
- Delta: London to Atlanta and Los Angeles
- Air France/Delta: Paris to Los Angeles; Paris to JFK
- Qatar Airways: Doha to multiple U.S. destinations (ATL, BOS, ORD, DFW, JFK, LAX, MIA, IAD)
- Swiss Airlines: Zurich to Newark
- Lufthansa: Frankfurt to Newark and Chicago
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on latest conditions in Cyprus.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Work with your airline, travel provider, or hotel/lodging directly regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Nicosia, Cyprus web page
+357 2239-3939 (after hours; wait for recorded message, then press 0)
- State Department – Consular Affairs Cyprus Country Information
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter