Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Nicosia (April 1, 2020)
Event: Health Alert – Cyprus
For U.S. citizens currently in the Area Administered by Turkish Cypriots (“Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus”):
The U.S. Embassy has been made aware of a possible flight from Ercan airport to Stuttgart in the early morning of April 2, 2020.
The flight from Ercan to Stuttgart will cost 265 Euros (cash payment only). Additionally, U.S. citizens will not be allowed to board this flight unless they have a confirmed booking for onward flights to the United States from Stuttgart.
This is a commercially operated flight and NOT a U.S. government operated flight. This information is being provided for your consideration and is not an endorsement or recommendation. However, please contact us if you have booked a ticket on this flight.
U.S. Citizens interested in this flight are advised to contact the tour operator directly:
Mr. Abdullah Köse
Tel: 0090 530 1500 714
Travelers in transit status are not allowed to enter Germany for any period so, if no direct flights are available from Stuttgart to the United States, travelers may need to transit through another country, from Stuttgart, en route to the United States.
Information on COVID-19 in Germany and Entry and Exit Requirements in Germany can be found at: https://de.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
Travelers are advised to contact the embassy or consulate of their transit countries to receive information on possible entry restrictions.
U.S. Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel.
The Department of State advises U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19. Read the full text of the Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel.
Updated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is that all international travelers should stay home for 14 days from the time they returned from international travel. Updated guidance is available on the CDC website here:
Actions to Take:
• Follow the instructions of the authorities.
• Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on latest conditions in Cyprus.
• Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
• Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
• Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
• Work with your airline, travel provider, or hotel/lodging directly regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
• Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
• U.S. Embassy Nicosia, Cyprus web page
+357 2239-3939 (after hours; wait for recorded message, then press 0)
• State Department – Consular Affairs Cyprus Country Information
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444