Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Nicosia (March 27, 2020)
Event: URGENT: Flights departing Paphos
The U.S. Embassy has just learned there are two Easy Jet flights departing Paphos on Sunday, March 29. These flights are open for booking at https://www.EasyJet.com. U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States should work with airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available.
If you are located in the area administered by Turkish Cypriots, please contact the U.S. Embassy at CyprusUScitizen@state.gov as we will work with the relevant authorities to attempt to secure buffer zone crossing for the flight from Paphos.
Please contact the U.S. Embassy if you secure a ticket on this flight.
In case commercial transportation options cease to be available, we are compiling a list of persons seeking to leave Cyprus. Please enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) and also provide your name and contact information to our email address: CyprusUScitizen@state.gov so we can contact you as soon as we have any updates.
Your email message should include the following information:
Your full name as spelled in your passport
Information we can use to contact you now – a current phone number and email address.
Your date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
Your passport number, and its date of issuance and expiration. If it is not a U.S. passport, please note the country that issued it. Please also note any non-U.S. citizen immediate family members traveling with you.
Please note your current location (city and country) and any special needs you may have, such as medical issues.
The United States Embassy is working with airlines to potentially return U.S. citizens to the United States. Nothing has yet been organized, and our ability to arrange a flight depends on the number of people interested. If a flight specifically for U.S. citizens can be arranged in the coming days, and you are interested in purchasing a ticket, please email: CyprusUSCitizen@state.gov.
As of March 16, 2020, U.S. Embassy Nicosia has suspended non-emergency U.S. citizen and visa services. U.S. citizens in Cyprus who require assistance should contact the Embassy using the contact information at the end of this Health Alert.
U.S. citizens with questions or concerns regarding passport validity or expiry should email ACSNicosia@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
• Follow the instructions of the authorities.
• Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on latest conditions in Cyprus.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
• Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
• Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
• Work with your airline, travel provider, or hotel/lodging directly regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
• Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
• U.S. Embassy Nicosia, Cyprus web page
+357 2239-3939 (after hours; wait for recorded message, then press 0)
• State Department – Consular Affairs Cyprus Country Information
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444