Event: Health Alert – Potential Flight from Cyprus to Sweden
The U.S. Embassy has been made aware of a possible flight from Larnaca to Stockholm/Arlanda, Sweden at noon on Wednesday, April 8, 2020. The cost of the ticket is 2,500 SEK (approximately $250 USD) and is non-refundable. The booking is available on the airline’s website at https://www.apollo.se/viktig-information/evakueringsflyg. (Note: this airline’s website is in Swedish and it’s recommended to use an internet browser, such as Google Chrome, that will automatically translate its pages to English.) U.S. citizens would be responsible for booking their onward travel to the United States. The English-language announcement of this flight is available on the Embassy of Sweden in Cyprus’ Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SwedeninCyprus/
This is a commercially operated flight and NOT a U.S. government operated flight. This information is being provided for your consideration. All travelers should be aware that available travel routes and regulations regarding transit can change suddenly. Please contact us at CyprusUSCitizen@state.gov if you have booked a ticket on this flight.
U.S. citizens interested in this flight are advised to contact the airline directly.
If no direct flights are available from Stockholm to the United States, travelers will need to transit through another country, from Stockholm, en route to the United States. All travelers should be aware that available travel routes and regulations regarding transit can change suddenly.
Information on COVID-19 in Sweden and Entry and Exit Requirements in Sweden can be found at: https://se.usembassy.gov/covid-19-coronavirus-information/
Travelers are advised to contact the embassy or consulate of their transit countries to receive information on possible entry restrictions.
U.S. Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel.
The Department of State advises U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19. Read the full text of the Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel.
Updated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is that all international travelers should stay home for 14 days from the time they returned from international travel. Updated guidance is available on the CDC website here:
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on latest conditions in Cyprus.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates.
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.govfor the latest information.
- Work with your airline, travel provider, or hotel/lodging directly regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
+357 2239-3939 (after hours; wait for recorded message, then press 0)
- State Department – Consular Affairs Cyprus Country Information
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444