Location: Republic of Cyprus
On March 10, 2020, the Republic of Cyprus Ministry of Health announced two confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Republic of Cyprus. The area administered by Turkish Cypriots has one confirmed case of COVID-19.
The government of the Republic of Cyprus has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19.Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of the Republic of Cyprus Press Office for additional information on these new measures.
The following hospitals have reported full or partial temporary closure:
- Nicosia General Hospital
- Limassol General Hospital
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Cyprus.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Nicosia, Cyprus
+357 2239-3939 (after hours; wait for recorded message, then press 0)
U.S. Embassy Nicosia web page
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Cyprus Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter