Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Nicosia (March 31, 2020)
Event: Health Alert Cyprus
The U.S. Embassy is aware there are still seats available on the Easy Jet flight departing Paphos on Sunday, March 29 at 19:25. These flights are available for booking at https://www.EasyJet.com. U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States should work with airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available.
If you are located in the area administered by Turkish Cypriots, and you have not already informed the U.S. Embassy that you have purchased a ticket for the EasyJet flight leaving Paphos on Sunday, we do not recommend purchasing the ticket at this time as we are likely unable to secure approval for you to cross the buffer zone in sufficient time to meet this flight.
Updated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is that all international travelers should stay home for 14 days from the time they returned from international travel. Updated guidance is available on the CDC website here:
As of March 16, 2020, U.S. Embassy Nicosia has suspended non-emergency U.S. citizen and visa services. U.S. citizens in Cyprus who require assistance should contact the Embassy using the contact information at the end of this Health Alert.
U.S. citizens with questions or concerns regarding passport validity or expiry should email ACSNicosia@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
• Follow the instructions of the authorities.
• Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on latest conditions in Cyprus.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
• Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
• Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
• Work with your airline, travel provider, or hotel/lodging directly regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
• Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
• U.S. Embassy Nicosia, Cyprus web page
+357 2239-3939 (after hours; wait for recorded message, then press 0)
• State Department – Consular Affairs Cyprus Country Information
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444