Event: Health Alert – Cyprus
The Embassy has been made aware of a Cyprus Airways flight from Larnaca to Frankfurt on April 22, 11.50 a.m. The price of the ticket will be 198.73 euros including taxes.
The flight can be booked at www.cyprusairways.com or via the telephone number 80008111.
Travelers are responsible for booking onward travel from Germany to the United States in advance.
This is a commercially operated flight and NOT a U.S. government operated flight. This information is being provided for your consideration. Please contact us at CyprusUSCitizen@state.gov if you have booked a ticket on this flight.
Entry requirements are in place in Germany. Information on COVID-19 in Germany and Entry and Exit Requirements in Germany can be found at: https://de.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
Travelers are advised to contact the embassy or consulate of their transit countries to receive additional information on possible entry restrictions.
Republic of Cyprus
On April 8, the Republic of Cyprus announced an extension on its emergency measures to halt the spread of COVID-19 until at least April 30. The latest guidelines on movement restrictions and exemptions in the Republic of Cyprus can be downloaded here: https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/en/pdf/formsms.pdf (PDF 1.2 MB)
Official English language text of the instructions regarding travel permission paperwork and the SMS system are available at: https://www.covid19.cy/
Area Administered by Turkish Cypriots (“Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus”)
On April 9, the “Council of Ministers” announced extensions to their emergency declaration. The English language text of the latest announcements from “TRNC” can be found here: https://mfa.gov.ct.tr/
Read the full text of the Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel.
At present the Department of State is making every effort to assist U.S. citizens overseas who wish to return to the United States. As the COVID-19 situation develops, our ability to provide such assistance working with airlines may become more limited or even unavailable. In recent weeks, commercial airlines have significantly reduced flight schedules and countries have closed airports and borders with little advance notice. If you wish to return to the United States, you should make arrangements to do so now and contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate for assistance as needed. There is no guarantee that the Department of State will be able to continue to provide repatriation assistance and transportation options to the United States may be unavailable in the future. If you choose to remain overseas, you should be prepared to remain where you are for the foreseeable future.
Actions to Take:
- Follow the instructions of the authorities.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on latest conditions in Cyprus.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Work with your airline, travel provider, or hotel/lodging directly regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Nicosia, Cyprus web page
+357 2239-3939 (after hours; wait for recorded message, then press 0)
- State Department – Consular Affairs Cyprus Country Information
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter