Lost or Stolen Passport
Application Requirements for Replacement of a Lost or Stolen U.S. Passport:
- Completed application form DS-11 and DS-64
- A copy of the police report
- A passport photo (see requirements listed below)
- Proof of identity (for example, a photo I.D. such as driving license)
- Proof of U.S. citizenship (for example, your U.S. birth certificate or canceled U.S. passport).
- Social Security Number Requirement
You must include your Social Security number on your passport application. Your application will not be processed until you provide your Social Security number or provide a signed statement that you have never been issued one. For further information regarding this requirement, please refer to travel.state.gov . For information on how to apply for a Social Security number please write to FBU.Athens@ssa.gov.
- A self-addressed envelope with postage stamps of €2.52.
The U.S. Embassy is unable to provide routine pick-up of new passports at the Embassy. You must bring a stamped €2.52 self-addressed envelope to your appointment in order to receive your new passport via Cyprus Post. One envelope should be provided per applicant. If you are also receiving a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA), your envelope should be A4 size.
- Please make sure the stamps are for POSTAGE and not duty/Χαρτόσημα stamps.
- Please note that it takes between three (3) to four (4) weeks to receive your new passport from the day we receive your application.
- Passports can only be submitted to ROC addresses.
U.S. Passport photo requirements:
- Must be taken within the last six months
- Must be 2 by 2 inches (5cm by 5 cm)
- Must be in color and have a plain white background
- Ensure the print is clear and has a continuous tone quality
- Must be taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- No photoshopped or retouched photos can be accepted.
Due to Social Security requirements, passport applications take 24 hours to clear our computer systems. Applicants must provide their Social Security Number on applications for passports.
Please note that it takes approximately three (3) weeks to receive your new passport from the day we receive your application.
For inquiries e-mail us at: ACSnicosia@state.gov