Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Important information regarding appointments at the U.S. Embassy:
- Embassy Nicosia is no longer able to provide routine passport, CRBA, and federal benefit document pickup at the Embassy. We will be returning all documents via Cyprus Post in a self-addressed registered envelope provided by the applicant.
- U.S. citizens attending passport and CRBA appointments at the U.S. Embassy must bring a stamped (2.50 euro), self-addressed registered envelope. One envelope should be provided per applicant. If you are applying for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA), you should bring an A4 size envelope.
- Adult passports can now be renewed without a visit to the U.S. Embassy by following instructions on our website. We strongly recommend this as the most convenient option to renew your U.S. passport.
- The U.S. Embassy does not require proof of a COVID test or vaccination to attend appointments.
- All visitors to the U.S. Embassy are required to wear face coverings and maintain proper social distancing to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
- Notarial appointments are only available on an urgent, case-by-case basis. Please email ACSNicosia@state.gov to request an urgent appointment.
Routine consular operations at the U.S. Embassy’s north office remain suspended.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on latest conditions in Cyprus.
- Subscribe/unsubscribe to the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- U.S. Embassy Nicosia, Cyprus web page
- +357 2239-3939 (after hours; wait for recorded message, then press 0)
- Email: ACSNicosia@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs Cyprus Country Information
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter