Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Event: UN Buffer Zone crossings have resumed
On June 4, the United Nations Buffer Zone reopened for crossings between the Republic of Cyprus (ROC) and “Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus” (“TRNC”). U.S. citizens are advised of the following:
- U.S. citizens residing in “TRNC” may enter the Republic of Cyprus provided they show a negative COVID-19 test result from the previous seven days. This test result must be on paper and in English. Citizens can continue to cross over a period of 90 days from their initial crossing, after which they must remain outside of the Republic of Cyprus for 90 days.
- U.S. citizens residing in the ROC may enter “TRNC” via the UN Buffer Zone without quarantine provided they show proof they have been in the Republic of Cyprus for the previous 14 days and a negative COVID-19 test result from the previous seven days. This test result must be on paper and in English.
- U.S. citizens entering “TRNC” from the UN Buffer Zone who have not spent at least 14 days in the Republic of Cyprus must show a negative PCR test result from the previous 72 hours and quarantine for 10 days at their own expense.
- Further details about entering both ROC and “TRNC” are found on our COVID-19 website.
- All U.S. citizens should expect delays in crossing the UN Buffer Zone in both directions as policies are frequently updated and changed.
- Consular operations at the U.S. Embassy’s north office remain temporarily suspended. Appointments for passports and CRBAs are available at the U.S. Embassy Chancery in the Republic of Cyprus. U.S. citizens who are unable to cross the UN Buffer Zone to come to the Chancery for an appointment should email ACSNicosia@state.gov.
- If you need immediate assistance related to an emergency, such as a death, hospitalization, or you have been a victim of serious crime, you can call the Embassy at +357 22 393939.
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Advisory for Cyprus: Avoid All Travel. Previous alerts are available on our website.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information latest conditions in Cyprus.
- Subscribe/unsubscribeto the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) for updates.
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.govfor the latest information.