Passport for Minors
U.S. Citizen Minors (under the age of 16) Passport Application Requirements:
- Completed application form DS-11
- Proof of identity and parental relationship, such as original Consular Report of Birth Abroad or birth certificate
- Proof of citizenship, such as original passport, birth certificate or naturalization certificate
- Proof of identity for both parent(s)/guardian(s), such as original U.S. or foreign passport or ID
- A passport photo (see requirements)
- Social Security Number Requirement
You must include your Social Security number on your passport application. Your application will not be processed until you provide your Social Security number or provide a signed statement that you have never been issued one. For further information regarding this requirement, please refer to travel.state.gov . For information on how to apply for a Social Security number please write to FBU.Athens@ssa.gov.
- A self-addressed envelope with postage stamps of €2.52.
The U.S. Embassy is unable to provide routine pick-up of new passports at the Embassy. You must bring a stamped €2.52 self-addressed envelope to your appointment in order to receive your new passport via Cyprus Post. One envelope should be provided per applicant. If you are also receiving a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA), your envelope should be A4 size.
- Please make sure the stamps are for POSTAGE and not duty/Χαρτόσημα stamps.
- Please note that it takes between three (3) to four (4) weeks to receive your new passport from the day we receive your application.
- Passports can only be submitted to ROC addresses.
Please Note: Minors must appear personally with both parents. One parent may appear to sign and submit the other parent’s notarized statement (DS-3053), or one parent may appear, sign, and submit primary evidence of sole authority. Minors age 16 and 17 may apply in person with their own identification, but parental consent may be required (for details please click here).