An official website of the United States government



Information regarding U.S. Savings Bonds can be found at the Treasury Direct website. If you need a Savings Bond calculator, please click here.
Please note: The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on the following lists. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. The information on the list is provided directly by the local service providers; the Department is not in a position to vouch for such information.




To redeem U.S. Department of Treasury Series EE or E Savings Bonds, the bondholder must execute Form PD-1522  (PDF 202 KB): Request for Payment of U.S. Savings and Retirement Securities. Please send the notarized form, along with the bond, to the U.S. Treasury for payment.


When executing Form PD-1522 (PDF 202 KB), official photographic identification with a signature is required. U.S. citizens must present a current U.S. passport as their identity document. Individuals wishing to redeem bonds can follow one of the processes detailed below.
  • Sign the document in the presence of a U.S. Consular Officer. Please follow the notarization procedures at the U.S. Embassy Nicosia.
  • Sign the document in the presence of an officer of a foreign bank or trust company incorporated in the United States, whose signature is attested by an imprint of the corporate seal or is certified to the Department of Treasury.
  • If you are unable to follow one of the above options, the savings bonds may be signed in the presence of an officer of a local foreign bank who should complete the certification section and impress the bank’s corporate seal. Certified copies by the issuing authority of the photo ID and relevant documents must accompany bonds mailed to the U.S. for redemption.

You must present evidence of a name change, such as a marriage certificate, if the name in your passport differs from that on the bond. Non owners/co-owners must establish entitlement to cash the bonds (eg: an original death certificate if cashing bonds on behalf of a deceased relative). If you are a parent signing on behalf of a minor child, please submit the child’s original birth certificate and bring your own photo identification.



  • U.S. citizens must prepare a signed statement to be sent to the United States with the bonds. This statement should include your passport number, date and place of birth, country of residence, and the name and address of the authority to which taxes are paid.
  • Citizen of countries with a U.S. tax treaty should complete and submit IRS Form W-8 BEN (PDF 68 KB): Certificate of Foreign Status to claim exemption from the U.S. tax on the bonds’ interest.