Travel Advisory: Cyprus – Level 4: Do Not Travel
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for Cyprus due to COVID-19, indicating a very high level of COVID-19 in the country. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Cyprus. Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
Read the Cyprus country information page.
If you decide to travel to Cyprus:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Cyprus.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
The U.S. Embassy in Nicosia has resumed limited services to U.S. citizens. Appointments are available on our website. Adult passport renewals are now available by mail instead of coming to the U.S. Embassy. Please see instructions on our website. If you require urgent CRBA, passport, or notarial services please email ACSNicosia@state.gov. If you need immediate assistance related to an emergency, such as a death, hospitalization, or you have been a victim of serious crime, you can call the Embassy at +357 22 393939.
If you have departed Cyprus and no longer wish to receive these messages, click here.