Emergency Financial Assistance

U.S. consular officers can assist Americans abroad who are temporarily destitute due to unforeseen circumstances. Americans who find themselves in these circumstances can contact the U.S. Embassy, Consular Section at +357 22 393939 or send an email at ACSNicosia@state.gov.

Consular officers can help destitute Americans contact family, banks, or employers to arrange for transfer of funds. In some cases, these funds can be wired through the Department of State. For information on how a consular officer can help under these circumstances, see travel.state.gov