Adult U.S. Passport Application Requirements:
- Completed application form DS-82
- If you are applying for your first adult passport, or your passport was issued more than 15 years ago please complete form DS-11
- Your current passport or the original birth certificate or naturalization certificate
- A passport photo (see requirements listed below)
U.S. Passport photo requirements:
- Must be taken within the last six months
- Must be 2 by 2 inches (5cm by 5cm)
- Must be in color and have a plain white background
- Ensure the print is clear and has a continuous tone quality
- Must be taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- No photoshopped or retouched photos can be accepted.
U.S. citizens with verifiable emergency situations and confirmed tickets with travel within 72 hours may contact us at ACSNicosia@state.gov to request consideration for an emergency passport. This document is valid for one year.