U.S. Citizen Minors (under the age of 16) Passport Application Requirements:
- Completed application form DS-11
- Proof of identity and parental relationship, such as original Consular Report of Birth Abroad or birth certificate
- Proof of citizenship, such as original passport, birth certificate or naturalization certificate
- Proof of identity for both parent(s)/guardian(s), such as original U.S. or foreign passport or ID
- A passport photo (see requirements)
Please Note: Minors must appear personally with both parents. One parent may appear to sign and submit the other parent’s notarized statement (DS-3053), or one parent may appear, sign, and submit primary evidence of sole authority. Minors age 16 and 17 may apply in person with their own identification, but parental consent may be required (for details please click here).