We are pleased to announce that, for your convenience, you can now apply for a passport renewal by mail.
Applicants may renew by mail if all the following applies. The applicant’s expiring/expired passport must be:
- Issued when they were 16 years of age or older
- Issued within the last 15 years
- Issued with a 10-year validity; and
- Issued in the current name OR legal documentation for name change.
Applicants must send by registered mail to U.S. Embassy Nicosia through Cyprus Post:
- Their most recent U.S. passport and a black & white copy of their biographic/signature pages (the page with the photo and signature).
- One (1) new 2×2 inch passport photograph that meets standard requirements
- A completed, legible, and signed Form DS-82.
- If applicable: Evidence of any Change of Name since their previous passport– e.g. Marriage Certificate, Statutory Declaration or Court Order.
- A cashier’s check for 93.50 Euros drawn on local banks made out to (exactly): United States Embassy Nicosia Sweep. All application fees are non-refundable.
- A self-addressed, stamped (2.50 Euros) envelope. (The U.S. Embassy will not address or stamp your envelope.)
The complete mailing address is:
U.S. Embassy Nicosia
ATTN: Consular Passport Services
Metochiou & Ploutarchou Street
- We recommend applicants send their application by registered mail so that they may track it.
If you do not meet all these requirements, please follow the instructions to Apply for a Passport in person here.