Access to U.S. Government buildings is governed by very strict security regulations. This is not only to protect our staff but also you, our customer, our guest.
Please note our normal hours of operation:
- U.S. Citizen services: 08:00-11:00 Monday to Friday
- Non-Immigrant Visa services: 07:30-11:00 Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday
- Immigrant Visa services: 07:30-10:30 Friday
It is advisable to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your actual appointment time.
All services are available by appointment only (except for U.S. citizen emergencies).
Also take note of Republic of Cyprus and U.S. holidays before planning your visit.
To facilitate your entry into the Embassy, please remember that all items you bring with you are subject to inspection and adhere to the following rules:
- bring your laptop, tablet, I-Pad or any other such electronic device. Such items are strictly inadmissible and will delay your entry.
- bring weapons of any kind, or objects that can be used as weapons. So no pen knives or other sharp objects, including certain belt buckles
- bring any luggage.
- take photographs or make recordings of any kind.
- bring anything that is unlawful according to U.S. and/or Republic of Cyprus law. If you do, it will be confiscated.
- bring large amounts of cash. Although some consular fees may be paid in cash, please do not bring more than you need. All U.S. citizens services fees may be paid by credit card.
- bring your animal/pet. We do welcome service animals.
- bring skate boards or similar wheeled devices.
- bring your appointment confirmation print out. If you forgot to print this, tell the guards right away so they can check our entry list.
- bring only what you need for your U.S. Citizen Service, Notary Service or Visa Service.
- bring your wheelchair, electrical device for medical reason (with statement from physician) or service animal if you require it. You can also bring someone to assist you if necessary for health reasons, but make sure they bring identification.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in the forfeiture of your appointment. For reasons of security, we retain the right to amend this policy at any time and/or prohibit the introduction of any item in individual cases.
Embassy personnel are not responsible for anything you bring with you, be it cash, documents, personal belongings or equipment.
Who can enter the Embassy?
- People with an appointment for a consular service (visa, passport, notary appointment), and if necessary, witnesses. No family members except parents of a minor.
- One assistant to a disabled person, he/she must bring identification.
- For any U.S. citizen service or notary service (including social security applicants), proceed to Window 1 to be assisted by a staff member.
- For a nonimmigrant visa interview, take a number then have a seat and wait for your number to be called to Window 1 or Window 2.
- For an immigrant visa interview, you will receive directions on where to go, proceed to Window 1 to be assisted by a staff member.