U.S. Embassy Cyprus, the Technical Committee on the Environment, and the United Nations in Cyprus (UNFICYP and OSASG-Cyprus) are extending and expanding the Youth Photo Contest in honor of World Water Day. The contest will now include submissions from participants as young as 15 years old, and will extend through June 5, to recognize World Environment Day. Prizes will be offered for First, Second, and Honorable Mention winners.
This photo contest is an opportunity for young Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots to be a part of the conversation by sharing their perspectives on the importance of water for the island and in their lives. This year’s World Water Day theme is “The Value of Water: What Does Water Mean to You?” More information about this theme is available at: https://www.worldwaterday.org/.
Youth Photo Contest Guidelines
- All submissions must be sent by 1200 Cyprus time on June 5, 2021 to email@example.com
- Participants must include their name and email address with their submissions, along with a statement of no more than 100 words describing how their photo relates to the theme.
- Participants must be aged 15-29 years old
Photograph submission guidelines:
- Photographs will be evaluated based on their connection to the theme, innovative quality and aesthetic merit
- Participants may submit any original photograph they have taken within the past 12 months from the time of submission, and the photograph may not have already been published professionally
- Images should be in JPG or PNG digital format, 5MB or less
- Photographs may not include any person’s face or other identifying features
- Only one submission per person is permitted
- Individuals who have already submitted photos for consideration do not need to resubmit them.
Participants grant U.S. Embassy Cyprus, the Technical Committee on the Environment, and United Nations missions in Cyprus permission to use and / or reproduce the digital image submitted to the contest.